Over 95% of our installs go ahead at standard cost and we do like to keep things as simple as possible however sometimes small extras need to be agreed and paid for on the day of install.
Therefore, if you think there is any reason why we might not be able to complete your installation on the day please let us know as soon as possible.
Sync EV’s installation package includes:
(1) 2 hour standard installation slot. (Most standard installs take just over 1 hour)
(2) Fitting of a charging socket on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure.
(3) Up to 10 metres of cable, run in black cable clipped to the wall neatly between the distribution board and the charging socket.
(4) The fitting and testing of electrical connections and protections required for the charging socket.
Some conditions and limitations that you need to know:
(1) Extra cable length above 10 metres will be charged at £10.00 per metre.
(2) If the cable needs to run under floorboards or ceilings you may incur additional costs, regarding time. If this is the case please send us images of the installation area first.
(3) All installs/surveys are booked on an AM or PM appointment basis, whilst we will endeavour to accommodate any requirements, we cannot guarantee this.
(4) Please inform us if your meter or consumer unit is not located on an external wall. (eg. if we drill through this wall will we be outside the house?)
(5) Our standard OLEV rate does not apply on installs in blocks of flats. These installations will be subject to a site survey.
(6) If your current electrical installation does not meet the required legal standard for the installation to continue, we are obliged by regulations to fit the following extras:
(6a) New 1 Way Board: £79.00 fitted. Price includes 30 minutes labour.
(6b) Gas or Water Earth bonding: £30.00 up to 5m and £5.00 p/m thereafter.
(7) £50/hour plus materials over and above the 2 hour standard slot.
Upon arrival on site for the installation the engineer will assess and check the compliance of the install with the standard installation criteria, if for example the cable run is longer than 10m the extra cost will be agreed and the customer will be required to sign an additional cost submission form before work can commence.
(8) Aborted visits: £80.00
(9) Cancelled appointments with only 24 hours notice £80.00, if a coloured charger is ordered these are made to order and are subject to a restocking charge of 25% of total cost.
(10) Customer to provide parking and welfare facilities.
Our charge points are covered by a 3 year warranty. Any hardware failure should be punctually reported to us at: email@example.com
Please quote the serial number, date of installation and provide a brief explanation of the fault. The technicians will review the information and contact you to get further details and arrange a call out if necessary.
The warranty will be void if the installation is carried out by an installer not approved by us, or if the charger is modified with or the repair is attempted by anyone other than one of our technicians.
No liability of any nature shall be incurred or accepted by Sync EV for any loss, costs or damage caused by any use and/or misuse of our products, except when caused by our negligence.
The electric vehicle chargers we install are approved under the office for low emission vehicle (OLEV) government grant scheme which means our customers can benefit from 75% off the cost of the equipment and installation up to a maximum of £350.00 The OLEV Grant, also known as Electric Vehicle Home charge Scheme (EVHS), can be claimed for each eligible vehicle up to two charging points per household.
Once you have been accepted on our website for the OLEV Grant you need to fully complete our Online survey tool before you can be offered a fitting date. the 30 Day fitting window starts from the day you application is accepted.
Here is the criteria you must meet in order to claim the OLEV grant:
(1) You own an electric vehicle, have ordered an electric vehicle or have an electric vehicle leased or company car
(1a) The make/model must be listed on: Vehicles eligible for the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme.
(2) You acquired the vehicle after 1st October 2016
(3) You intend to keep the vehicle for 6 months or longer from date you took keepership
(4) Your property has off road parking such as a driveway or garage where you can park and charge vehicle?
(5) Your installation date is less than 4 months ahead of the date of the delivery or start date of the vehicle’s use. If not then you need to contact OLEV requesting permission.
If you meet all the criteria above you should be eligible to claim the grant.
It is the customer’s responsibility to check they are eligible for the OLEV grant. Should the grant claim be rejected by OLEV we reserve the right to claim the £350 back from the customer.
Customers who require further information, or have queries regarding the grant process should contact OLEV directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a website managed by THE LEAD ADVISORY COMPANY LIMITED and is referred to below as the “Site”.
In these terms and conditions 'we' and 'us' mean THE LEAD ADVISORY COMPANY LIMITED, a company incorporated under the Laws of England and Wales under number 07225694 whose registered office is at TOWNGATE HOUSE, 2-8 PARKSTONE ROAD, POOLE, DORSET, BH15 2PW.
This Site is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of this Site constitutes acceptance by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use. This version of the Terms and Conditions takes effect from 15th February 2018.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree that any dispute in connection with these Terms and Conditions of Use or arising out of your use of this Site shall be subject to English law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We reserve the right to make updates and modifications to these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. Please ensure you check these Terms and Conditions of Use each time you access or use this Site.
In interpreting these Terms and Conditions of Use it is not intended that the headings should be taken into account.
If you send us a communication electronically, we will endeavour to acknowledge it within three working days. If we do not, please contact us again. Since transmission by e-mail is a reliable but not an infallible means of communication, you should not take proof of transmission as proof of receipt.
There is no guarantee that the contents of any e-mail you send to us will remain confidential during internet transmission. The internet is not a completely secure medium of communication and, accordingly, we do not guarantee the security or confidentiality of any information transmitted via the internet. We are not responsible for any damages you or others may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information. We comply with the provisions of the data protection policy in respect of data that you send us. Please read our data protection policy which can be found here.
We make reasonable efforts to check and test material on the Site for viruses and other malware at all stages of production. However, you should always run and rely on your own anti-virus and anti-malware program on all material downloaded from the Internet. We do not accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur by downloading or using material derived from this Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy or content of advertisements placed on the Site. We accept those advertisements in good faith from the business or consumers who place them and which businesses and consumers are exclusively responsible for their accuracy and content.
·Linking to us
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this Site, unless the page is within a secure part of the Site, in which case the functionality of this Site will prevent you doing so successfully. We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our Site. However, you may not load a page from our Site directly into a frame on another website. The page from our Site should load into the user's entire window.
·Linking by us
It is our policy to obtain permission to link to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of any website that we may link to. If we link to another website, that linking should not be taken as endorsement by us of any kind. We do not guarantee that these links will work at all times. If you do experience a failed link, please report it by email to email@example.com.
If you would like us to consider linking to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10 meters of cable
1 x 20A MCB
Up to 2 hours fitting time
Hand over and App training
10 meters of cable
1 x 40A MCB
Up to 2 hours fitting time
Hand over and App training
20 Meters of cable
1 x 40A MCB
Up to 6 hours fitting time
Hand over and software training